Friday, April 10, 2009

Garfield is....Agent "G"

(***theme song from Mission Impossible playing in the background.***)

This is Agent G to homebase. I have arrived at the location where the package was last seen. There are no signs of anybody patrolling the vicinity. I am going in. Do you copy, homebase?

Wait! I see a woman! But negative of any other human around. She has her back to me; I think I can get past her without me being seen.

Package is in sight. I repeat, package is in sight The woman doesn’t seem to be aware of its presence. I have a straight shot to it. This is going to be a quick job.

Dammit! The woman has activated some sort of cloaking device. I don’t see the package anymore!!! Don’t send for backup yet, homebase. I see a breach in the invisible field. I can squeeze through it and still complete the mission. Here goes...

I’m in. I have secured the package and getting ready to blow this joint, homebase. I don’t see the woman; I think she has become invisible too.

AAAHHH!!! Nooooo!!! Homebase! I can’t move! They’ve bound me and I’m being lifted! They have not yet discovered that I have the package with me. Nooooo!!! I will not fail this mission! I’m so close!

I’m falling! Aaaahhhh……!!!

(*thud*) Ouch…. I’m alive! And I still have the package! Homebase, package retrieved! Mission successful. I’m heading back there now.

=====

The other side of the story:

Mommy was getting ready to change the bed sheets when Garfield decided to creep onto the bed and under the sheets. So she picked him up, cat and sheets in a bundle, and dumped him on the floor. She was surprised when she saw Garfield emerge with Vito’s binky (serious, Vito has one of those rubber pacifiers) and dash out of the room.

No comments: